I've currently moved over to blogging at http://mathcraft.wonderhowto.com/

Here I will be posting about 4 times per week and will have a project every week with more in depth information and a how to component and templates. There will also be a user forum for people to submit pictures and ideas.

Thanks! I hope to see you there!

Moonrise Animation

Photobucket
I've become quite a fan of moonrises in the last year or so once I realized that I had a perfect view of them from my backyard. It's still somewhat amazing to me that you get all of the color variations that you get in sunrises only it's a lot dimmer! Of course it will be hard to photograph it so that you can see all the detail. I'm working on that one.

I just google moonrise times and the first site is a US Navy site where you can get a table of moonrise times for a year for your location. (This also works for sunrise, sunset, etc.) Anyways, here is an animated gif of last night's moonrise. I really need to buy a better camera. The exposure times needed on this camera are ridiculous. And a Tripod would be nice...rather than setting it on an object and hoping that it doesn't fall, etc.

1 comments:

MrsT said...

Cool picture! Well done!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers